We are an international movement. Our working and living experiences are linked globally, therefore we have an obligation to be international in our way of thinking and acting. It is one of the fundamental principles of the YCW that we are for, by and with young workers everywhere - to be international.
The idea of the European coordination (JOC Europe) is to enable us to act collectively towards a common objective, with a vision for international change.
We start by learning from each other through exchanges of action and reality, and through this, identify the common links so that we can ensure the coordination of action experiences in the different countries and regions, and provide means of training and education that help form new leaders to continue to build the movement.
The following means are used to achieve these goals:
- We invite the different movements to send activists to an action exchange to share experiences of their action with other national movements, with an objective of learning from each other, receiving constructive criticism and developing new strategies to help strengthen the impact of the actions.
- Members of the European coordination team visit national movements with an objective of understanding the reality in which the movement exists, of developing a more profound understanding of the action being developed, and strengthening the use of the method of the YCW in practice in the action process to ensure the formation of leaders.
Training and Formation
- Training seminars are organised at a European level to complement the needs in the action. These are open to participation from leaders of the different member movements and have a specific focus in the action campaign such as unemployment, precarious work, social exclusion
- Opportunities are created for different national movements to share information and compare and discuss their analysis of the situation of young workers
These are developed on special subjects, with all the countries working together and using common means:
- to meet and exchange ideas
- for training
- to analyse and disseminate the facts about the situation of young people in Europe
We are currently developing a campaign on the subject of precarious working and living experiences:
NO to precariousness, and YES to stability and security in our work and lives.